Saturday, February 20, 2010

Zushi Time

Our favorite sushi spot in Santa Barbara is the one and only Edomasa. After living in Alhambra for almost 5 months, I have yet to discover that hidden gem sushi restaurant. Last night, we may have found something close!

It's called Zushi and its just a short drive up to South Pasadena. What's funny is that it's in a small strip mall so that makes it the hidden gem. The place is also super tiny: only about 6 tables and about the size of Jenna's living room! We had to wait a little while to get our seats but it was worth it.







Tiger Roll: California roll with Salmon and Eel on top!










As soon as we were seated, we got complimentary miso soup and edamame. Score! That's like $8 already at some other Japanese restaurants. The green tea was $1.50/person.... but no biggie cuz it was tasty and they were great with refills. I got my tea refilled 3 times and my water refilled twice. Even Jenna had multiple refills on her drinks. The fact that the place was so tiny helped with the excellent service.








Hot Nights Roll: sexy name for a shrimp tempura roll with Spicy Tuna on top.








We ordered 3 rolls: the Tiger Roll, the Hot Nights Roll and the Baked White Fish roll. Each was unique and each was super tasty. One thing we particularly appreciated about their menu was the numerous rolls that had asparagus in them. The flower roll, (our fav from Edomasa) has asparagus in it as well as a wrapping of soy paper. Alas, Zushi didn't have any rolls with creative wrappers but all the rolls we tried were delicious nonetheless.







Baked White Fish Roll: Very creamy with plenty of sauce and scallions.









After dinner, we ran through the rain over to Vons (which I JUST discovered is 24hours!!!) and got some groceries for the today's meals. While in Vons, I found some interesting packages that I'd like to share with you:







Here is Cathy Cashew... She kinda reminds me of Paulie the Penis.
















And here are all "Our Nutty Friends". It's a party in my mouth. haha. I think my Haribo characters are a LOT better ... and less phallic.

No comments:

Post a Comment