Monday, February 22, 2010

Quick and Easy

This post will be short because I'm tired and depressed. I didn't get the other job that I had been applying for. I really wanted it and thought I would be great doing it too... alas, it was not meant to be. (As is so many other things right now.... )

Anyways, here's a roundup from the weekend with Jenna:








Here is a quick and easy meal. Marinated grilled chicken, whole wheat pasta with basil, and garlic, onion broccoli.























I kinda dropped the ball a bit with the chicken. I thought we were stir frying everything so I charred the outside real good and then had to leave it on longer to fully cook it through. That = dry chicken.

















The next morning, for brunch, we made potato pancakes. But since I never have the right tools for job, we  had to grate 2 large russet potatoes with a cheese grater! And it was the small hole too! haha. Oh well, it was just a more fine grated potato cake than expected. More like a potato mush. Very very delicious nonetheless. We added onions, parsley, bread crumbs and seasoning. Fried em up and dipped them in ketchup. I'm looking forward to making more tomorrow night for dinner.






















And of course we had our Mochi. :)

Shout out to Cindy and Shar and who ever else is reading this thing. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment