Tuesday, February 9, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Bruschetta!

I visited Jenna this past weekend even though I was on the verge of sickness. Luckily, I have the greatest girlfriend EVER and she welcomed me with homemade chicken stew AND brownies for dessert! The perfect meal to warm the stomach and make me happy after the 2+ hour drive from work in LA.




Here's the Chicken Stew by Jenna








It was truly delicious and I had to hold back from getting a large bowl of seconds like when we made stew. I was saving room for ice cream and fresh brownies!







Another picture of Jenna's wonderful stew.
















Sorry about the bad picture but these brownies were excellent! Too bad they were probably not too healthy...











After a delicious dinner we went to bed hoping I would be better by the next day.

I wasn't... It wasn't quite flu-level sick... but sick enough to the point where lots of rest was manditory. Unfortunately, I was against the whole resting thing. Long story short: I acted like a baby and created an unnecessary tension between me and Jenna... Kinda ruined the weekend and I'm sorry. But lets not talk about that right now.

For breakfast, I ate something that I'd never had before: plain Rice Crispy Treat cereal with milk! Who eats rice crispy treat cereal without the butter and marshmellows?! Am I right?! Anyways, it was pretty good and I was fascinated with the 'popping' sound just like in the commercials.





Much better with Blueberries.










The conclusion to our uneventful and confusing weekend ended with a tasty note. We decided to watch Julie & Julia before the Superbowl and Jenna remembered the scene where Julie made Bruschetta. We bought some of the few simple missing ingredients and quickly whipped up the snack. And although I am not a fan of tomatoes, it was superb. The garlic and olive oil was super strong and the crispyness of the bread was perfect. Even though Jenna didn't like the added avocado, I thought it went well. Bon Appetite!







Hats off to the wonderful Chef! I will be your Paul if you be my Julia.














Of course, anything goes better with wine.















Grape tomatoes, basil, EVOO, garlic, feta (i think) on toasted french bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment