Thursday, February 25, 2010

WOOOOOOOT

Today turned out to be one of the most enjoyable days of the year! Finally, FINALLY! after numerous visits back and forth between the DMV and the CHP offices, I have finally completed my new registration and got brand new license plates! No more waiting in 2 hour DMV lines while listening to crying babies and hearing the security guard yell at people to wait outside even though they don't speak English and don't know what the hell he's saying. No more going back to the CHP office at the butt-crack of dawn just to be sarcastically brushed aside and told to go back to the DMV. 

When I finally finished with the DMV, I texted a bunch of people with a flurry of !!!! marks. My roommate replied by asking me if I got a cool personalized plate. Thinking back on this experience, I definitely should have done 'F*CKDMV'. They're basically the ones who screwed me and made me run around the city of LA. The DMV is truly the WORST place to on earth. You probably have to wait in line at the DMV just to get into hell... My one ok moment at the DMV was seeing Fabio! haha, that's how bad things got.
















Anyway, this is how I feel now and it was wonderful to go through the workday with that kind of load lifted off of me. I was more cheery in the office and felt free to chat it up with all of my coworkers. One of my coworkers noted that I had a pretty cheery disposition throughout the whole process... (which I guess was true) but there was no point in letting the situation stress me out anymore. I just had to roll with the punches and let karma take its toll. 

On another note, I really want to start trying all the fascinating food trucks scattered throughout LA. There is always a food truck right next to my work but none of my coworkers are interested in trying it. Whenever I go out to lunch with them, we ALWAYS always go to the same exact Taco Smell just because they're buddy buddy with the cashiers and the food is cheap.... yuck. I just end up bringing my own lunch and have to sit inside Taco Smell and munch on my large salad or turkey sandwich. One day, I will have to go visit the food truck before we head out and then see what all the fuss is about!

Here some I'm interested in:
(also, any suggestions are very welcome and helpful!)

Dim Sum Truck











Nomnom Truck















The Sweets Truck









Buttermilk Truck















Coolhaus










Kogi BBQ









The Grilled Cheese Truck












Plus many more.... Anyone wanna go and try some with me?!?

2 comments:

  1. i hear the kogi truck is REALLY GOOD. and that coolhaus truck ice cream looks delicious :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I saw Fabio.

    ReplyDelete