Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Happiness is the best facelift"

I got me a JOB! Woot. It may not pay a lot, it may not have benefits and it may literally drive me crazy, but I'm about to work again! That means I get an income again. I get to be productive again. I get to wake up with a purpose again. And best of all, Jenna won't have to worry (as much) about me! Maybe now I can do stuff and not feel so guilty about spending $5 on some food.






















To celebrate, Jenna took me out to BCD on friday night! Yum. The spicy tofu was such a delight after our long hiatus from it. We even indulged in a dessert from Yogurtland to top off the night.

The next night, we celebrated with sushi from Niko Niko Sushi in Burbank. They had pages and pages of different rolls and it was hilarious how long it took us to finally find the 'right' ones. We especially enjoyed the spicy one that had spicy tuna inside, hamachi on the outside and was topped with jalapenos and siracha! HOT! And, again, we capped off the night with Yogurtland.






















Lastly, to conclude the weekend :( we, in the spur of the moment, decided to visit Disneyland with our season passes! We had originally planned to go Friday night but the miserable weather forced many of the rides to flood and eventually both parks had to prematurely close.

Sunday's weather was absolutely beautiful and we snuck into the park without even paying for parking! Although we only spent 3-4 hours with Mickey and friends, it was definitely enough to wet our beaks and leave us ubber satisfied. We road all the best rides (space mountain, buzz (oh, I got #1 of the day!), pirates, screamin', monsters inc, and tower of terror) and thoroughly enjoyed our shared footlong turkey subway sub that we brought to the park. It may have been the first time EVER that my feet weren't aching and I didn't need to bring a sweatshirt for the nighttime. The whole couple hours were just so relaxing and all the pressure of getting everything in was totally lifted. This may be the new trend in Disneyland visits.

















PS. Sorry to Jenna that I STOLE all the points in Buzzlightyear AND I totally made her go on Tower of Terror even though she hates the dropping parts. hehe, LOVE YA!

















It is now almost time to go to bed (10pm...) and wake up for an exciting NEW experience. I am truly ready for anything and want to do a great job. I hope there is a lot for me to do and I hope it'll be as fun (and rewarding) as I'm picturing it! Wish me luck and I'll update later about my day.

G'night.

2 comments:

  1. congrats casey! what kind of stuff will you be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealousssssss, i loved having a season pass, i would just go on a couple of rides and hang out at the bars in downtown disney :)

    ReplyDelete