Monday, January 4, 2010

Get those thoughts out!

So I went home for Xmas break (which is weird b/c I'm not taking a break from anything) and was inspired by my brother's artwork. He had been doing some stuff for his girlfriend's brother and also for his friends. I wanted in on the art action. But here the problem I always run into: I either never know what I want to create OR I know what elements I want to portray but am too afraid to put it down on 'paper' for fear that it will not come out the way I envision it in my head. So here's what I did: just start splattering some paint on the canvas and go for my shapes and objects. I tried not to pencil things out and just went with the flow. This way of art is very liberating and can free your mind and creativity. Here is what I came out with.























This was a piece that I had originally spray painted and sharpied some lines and words out. Those steps were done LONG LONG ago and it basically looked, and felt, unfinished. So I found this cool zebra online and painted it out. I found these two astronaut figures and painted them out (sorta). For some reason, I'm into astronauts right now. It may be a feeling like I want to explore and branch out. Or it may just be the fact that I'm weird. Either way, I am still not done with painting but those 3 elements I added make the piece a whole lot more intesting. In a few months I will add more...haha.

Conversely, here is a painting done by my brother, Jeff. It's a Xmas present that he did for my parents. I think the gold looks great!
























There was also another painting that I started at home but neglected to take a picture. I'll show y'all the next time I go home.

I think the next art thing I want to do is turn myself into an Avatar! My family + Jenna just saw the movie last Saturday night and I thought it was badass! The graphics are truly ridiculous even though I was skeptical from the get go. The most important scenes for me are the ones where the computer animated figure and real life figures are interacting. James Cameron would have had to get those scenes right for me to believe the magic. Just take a look at the ending scenes where Neytiri is kissing Jakes eyes and you'll see that there's MAGIC! It looks awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment