Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tilapia Tacos

"No man in the world has more courage than the man who can stop after eating one peanut." ~Channing Pollock

OK, not a quote related to this post but its just so true and so me! 

Tonight, I made Tilapia Tacos with garlic lime Tilapia. They were unbelievably delicious! Remember those $1.00 authentic tacos from Ensenada? Oh, you don't, but I know Jenna does. Well, mine were just as good. My inspiration came from a couple fish taco recipes from Food Network but ultimately I winged it.... like usual.






















First, I marinated the tilapia in lime juice and garlic. After 15 mins or so, I threw them on a hot grill pan so they could get that nice crispy outter layer on them. I added some salt and pepper and ended up with three flaky, tender, and delicioso pieces of fish. 
















While the fish finished grilling, I threw 2 of Bryan's tortillas (thanks, buddy) in the toaster oven so they could crisp up a bit. I plated the tortillas, topping them with a bed of lettuce (even though I wanted to use cabbage) and placed the large pieces of fish on top of that.






















Then, I added a crapload of mashed up guacamole, some cut up sharp cheddar, a splash of lime juice and a strong dose of HOT sauce. Oh, I almost forgot the secret ingredient: Toasted Sesame Seeds! yum. Just like in sushi, they added a roasty-toasty undertone to the whole dish. 
















The last steps were to fold and DEVOUR! Man, they were so frickin' tasty. It was like being back in Ensenada eating those tacos on the street with Jenna. The best part was licking all the drippings that ran down my hands and arms! haha. 






















Eat, eat, eat, gone.... Since I was practically ravenous from my hour+ commute home (dam you LAKERS home games!), my two large tacos were gone just as fast as they appeared. But don't worry, I plan on making more tomorrow! In fact, they're so scrumptious, I almost feel like cooking them for others to try. Come on over and have a fish taco with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment