Friday, March 5, 2010

T.G.I.F.

Man, am I glad it's Friday.

Ok so I have a story to tell from this morning. I had to go the post office to pick up a package. Luckily, there was no line and I was immediately helped by the first available fobby post office lady. Of course she needed I.D. to make sure I was the right person picking up the package. I took out my wallet and showed her the 15 yr old version of myself. She took one look at it and started cracking up! She looked back at me and said, "whooooa" and then proceeded to PUFF up her cheeks at me!! It was pretty frickin' hilarious. Rude and blunt: just the way asians are meant to be! haha.

 

She basically looked like this!

Anyways, Jenna is still in Chicago and I hear she is having lots of fun. I really wish I were there with her to sample all the great food and explore the sights around Chi-town. She sent me a picture of the famous 'Bean'.



This thing is so famous and really really cool. I could probably stay there for hours just trying to find cool creative ways to photograph it. She also told me about the delicious deep dish pizzas and hot dogs that Chicago is also so famous for. I want some!



Instead of an oooey-gooey deep dish pizza, I had to settle for a meal full of veggies and grilled chicken... I am on a pretty limited budget you know! Here is the random smattering of veggies I sauteed up tonight. Cauliflower, Tofu (not a vegi), Snap Peas, Celery, Bean Sprouts and left-over Okra. And for the sauce: I don't even remember.... because like my mom, I just grabbed whatever sauces and herbs looked good at the time and threw it in there!



The vegis actually turned out pretty good and I was glad I made enough to cover me for a few days. 



For the chicken, I pan grilled it and used a small hat of foil to kinda steam the whole thing. Worked well and this chicken was definitely way juicier than the one I made for Valentines day... Sorry!


And that's it. My unexciting Friday night meal. Quick, easy but satisfying.

I don't really want to admit this... but I will anyways. After a saltier dinner like this, I tend to crave chocolate or something else really sweet. But since I've given up cereal for the time being, I resorted to the Girl Scout Cookies I'd stashed in the freezer. Amazingly, I stopped after 2 samoas but embarrassingly moved onto another food group. My current obsession is shelled peanuts. Tonight, I think I went through at least a POUND. There's just something so satisfying about breaking each shell in such a perfect way that the peanuts inside remain perfectly whole so you can toss them straight into your mouth. Of course, it's also quite depressing when you crack the peanut wrong and end up obliterating everything inside... OR, it's equally sad when you open the shell and all you get is a shriveled nut or none at all

yes... I did just ramble on about peanuts. I love them.

Anyways, I'm quite ready for the weekend and want to do something fun. I'll be picking Jenna up from the Burbank airport tomorrow so hopefully we can do something fun at night. Perhaps a visit to downtown LA? Perhaps another Food Truck Adventure? We shall seeeeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment