Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ice Cream Truck REMIX

Today for lunch, my coworker and I decided to check out the local food truck stop right next to our work. As usual, I brought my lunch and therefor wasn't planning on getting anything from the trucks. We turned the corner and surprisingly saw 2 food trucks instead of the normal loner one. The first, I instantly recognized as the Grilled Cheese Truck because of the bright yellow and orange pictures graffitied all over the vehicle. The other vehicle though, was a mystery to me.

As we got closer, I noticed that the GC truck had no customers while the other truck, named the King Kone, had a line of at least 12 people. What was this popular new food? Burgers? Tacos? HotDogs?

NOPE, it was an Ice Cream truck! But not the familiar one from your childhood with the annoying music and the scary old pictures of foreign popsicles that you've never ever seen in your life. This was a new kind of ice cream truck. PS, anyone remember those ninja turtle popsicles that had gum balls for eyeballs? Or was that a clown shaped one? I don't remember....























The King Kone truck is by no means the most beautifully designed truck; the pictures are pretty kiddy and the overall color is very ....bland. But lets not judge a book by its cover here and instead, judge this truck by the line that had formed! haha. I never buy stuff at work but decided I really wanted ice cream today. It wasn't super special or something different that I'd never tasted before, but hey, ice cream is ice cream. Plus, every night at my apartment, at exactly 7:34pm, I hear the annoying-but-tempting sound of the neighborhood ice cream truck as it slowly drives down my street and it always makes me want ice cream.

My coworker, however, decided to go for the more normal lunch-time food item and ordered a grilled cheese sandwich from the GCT. He got the 'famous' BBQ pulled pork and mac-n-cheese sandwich. From the looks of it... and the SMELL... it seemed very delicious.






















Anyone ever tried either of these trucks?

While we were waiting for my ice cream cone, this lady saw that my coworker got a sandwich from the GCT and declared that their sandwiches were, "lifechanging".... I dunno about that.... On the other hand, my ice cream was very satisfying and reminded me very much of Yogurt Park from back in the bay (except it was ice cream instead of yogurt).

Dear Ice Cream/Dessert Trucks: If you come, I will most likely buy.

1 comment: