Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Recent Happenings

What's the happy-hap people?

So this past weekend, Jenna and I went to our friends', Miles and Kenny's, engagement party at the Rockwell VT Lounge in LA. They were celebrating their commitment to each other and also their anniversary. All their friends came out to share the momentous date with them and the food and booze flowed freely! It was so nice to see old friends and be able to share such a happy moment. Congrats Miles and Kenny!

One thing I've noticed lately is that it's getting really fun to dress up these days. More and more I'm tending to dress up for occasions rather than dressing down. I'll add a tie here, some spiffy socks there and in the future I hope to add even more small improvements to my overall look. The best part about it all is that I actually feel really comfortable and confident dressing up now. It's fun! ANNNND I'm pretty sure that Jenna doesn't mind. ;) Now, can anyone tell me where to get a good vest and a tie clip? Thanks.

Got that tie from UO. Always wanted one with a flat bottom!






















Btw, Jenna is beautiful(!) and I love when she gets all dolled up with me. It's fun to pretend that we're actually grown-ups.

Sunday, Jenna and I FINALLY got to go back to Disneyland after our long time hiatus! I mean geezzzz, how long does a guy have to wait just to see some World of Color!? Well, at least the show was WELL worth the wait. If you haven't seen World of Color at California Adventures yet; get your ass down to Anaheim and wait the 2 hours at night for a very impressive, moving and fiery show! You'll definitely not regret it!



















Here's a pic of the show from our view. Definitely be sure to get there early and get a spot near the railing where shorter people (ahem, Jenna, ahem) can see over the sea of cellphones and cameras recording every water drip! Also, the show is deliciously long and has a great soundtrack (with video clips) which will be sure to recall memories from all your favorite Disney and Pixar movies. Such a blast and I hope to see it again soon... A coworker told me today that she could literally feel the hair on her face singe because she was so close to the water during the 'flames segment' of the show! That's my goal for next time.






















Oh, forgot to mention that Disney changed their 'California' letters in honor of the new show.


















Here's a very purple picture of me and Jenna. We were matchers for the day and were totally caught by the ride operator of the Tea Cups as we ran for the purple tea cup.

Ride Operator: "You guys want a picture in the purple cup? I saw that you purposefully chose it!"
Us: "Sure." (embarrassed but also, secretly feeling cool)

Strangely, there were a lots of other couples and family doing the matching thing that day. Must be a Disneyland thing.


















The funniest part of the day was during the Pixar Play Parade where, for some crazy reason, they've decided added a crapload of water squirting floats to get audience wet. HOWEVER, keep in mind that the floats are huge and many times have long extending pieces to them and we are only mere feet from their blasts of water. Needless to say, we got wet! Jenna got sprayed right in the crotch while I got showed on my head. These float characters were evil and their aim was maliciously accurate. Just ask the poor little 2 year old who got a full blast of water right to the eyes! (actually, it was hilarious!!!) And then every time another character or float passed by, the little girl immediately covered her face with her hands; protecting herself from those fiendish, water bazookas-yielding Pixar characters. She's probably scarred for life. haha!






















HAHAHA.






















The last thing I want to comment on is the fact that California Adventures awesomely transforms itself into a freaking CLUB come sundown! Above is a picture of the neon party stage which was the spot where all the party people came out to get their freak on! It was crazy!! As soon as it got dark, the music started bumping and people were out on the make shift 'dance floor' dancing to techno versions of Chris Brown and Lady Gaga. Nutso. Also, there were towers with go-go dancers, a DJ mixing songs, and even a disco ball to top it all off. Who knew California Adventures had all this in them?!

Wilmar or Sarah.... Have you guys witnessed this?! I'm pretty sure I thought I was back in Vegas at Haze or something. haha

Ok, well, that's all for now. What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment