Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Designs

Today is August 5th and its my Momma's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom! i love you so much and hope you have a great birthday. Sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate with you and the rest of the fam...

For her birthday, my dad got her the iphone4 (!) which he just received in the mail today. As I was driving home from work tonight, I got a call from my dad. He was flipping out!!! Apparently, he couldn't get the phone to work and it wasn't syncing with the itunes on their little macbook. Earlier in the day he had gone to the Apple store to set up the phone but they, annoyingly, sent him home, claiming it was easier to do it from there... Needless to say, my dad disagreed.

He was yelling that the 'thing' wouldn't turn on and that itunes was messing up and saying that it was signed into my account. I'm pretty sure he was pretty close to saying "F it" and returning the thing! Good thing he didn't!

Iphone4 for my Momma!





















After another trip back to the APple store, they finally managed to get it synced up and to the point where my brother could set up my mom's email and wifi. geez... what a fiasco. I'm sure the guys at the Apple store got an ear full. haha.

I hope my mom enjoys the new phone and fully takes advantage of all it has to offer. And now that jailbreaking is legal, she should go ahead and do it!

Someday I will get my own Iphone4...

Meanwhile, at work today, things are definitely getting busier. Fabian, my designer mentor, is off for the next week or so which leaves me to deal with ALL my bosses alone! No worries, I got this shit!

The new box will be dubbed, "Quacked Eggs!" Bwahahah
















Here is a design I came up with for these chocolate eggs that have a little marshmellow duck inside of them. The little, peep-like duck is so adorable and it's hard to want to eat him. And although I fully knew it was a duck, for some unexplainable reason, I designed the box with a Chicken in mind. Perhaps the duck reminded me of Chicken Little...

So here is my "Chicken Coop" box fully decked out with red chicken coop, flying chicken and the words 'chicken' all over the thing... grr. Don't worry, I easily transformed it into a duck theme and made it even flashier!

Cookies!




















The other project (for another boss) is a box for Cookie Dough bites. They're to be sold in a standard size theater box and my company is trying to go into competition with the preexisting king of cookie dough bites. I had a bunch of designs made but this is the only one I photographed.... Conclusion: Too classy/fancy for cookie dough bites.  Back to the drawing board on this one.

And all the while I was doing a whole other slew of designs for my OTHER boss for this line of little boxes! Because we didnt' know what type of food item would be featured in these boxes, I had to design them using generic patterns. The patterns had to be fresh and exciting, but generic enough for any type of food... ugh. This project was a killer for me. I've been working on it for the past 2 weeks. I refused to take an pictures because I dont' wanna have to see another pattern!!

Very nice!




















When I got home tonight, I found this wedding invitation in my mailbox. It is for my cousin's wedding in October and I'm super psyched to go! It'll be nice to go back to Tahoe breath the clean crisp air up there! The only drawback is that Jenna can not attend... so I guess I'll have to boogie for the 2 of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment