Friday, August 27, 2010

Mo' Food means Mo' Problems

Well not really...actually, more food is great and always welcome in my mind! Especially delicious food. There's nothing better than going to a restaurant where they serve really excellent quality food in large portions. However, lately I've been eating a little TOO many buffets or all-you-can-eat BBQ's (or candy for that matter) and have decided to whip my ass back into shape.

This week I decided to abstain from candy at the workplace. Correction: I decided to not eat candy from Wednesday on... Hey, it's a start. I also decided to go back to an old routine of mine and not eat anything after 9pm. This may sound like a pretty insignificant change but I can't tell you how many nights I find myself mindlessly snacking on junk from 11pm and on. And, thanks to my shitty metabolism, I'm pretty sure that sleeping's not gonna burn those extra calories off. Jenna did recommend that I just brush my teeth at 9, which would supposedly be a signal that my eating for the day was done....buttttt, i'm pretty sure I'd just eat again 10 mins later and then brush my teeth another time. I'd prolly have really white teeth though!






















This week I bought a thing of Tilapia and indoor grilled me some spice-rubbed pieces of fish. I always feel a little better about myself and my health after eating a good portion of seafood. Tilapia is especially good because of its light, subtle flavor and very flaky texture. My meal consisted of me using my mom's technique of combining whatever spices she sees at the moment into a rub and then pan grilling it. Add a dash of lemon juice and a couple squirts of hot sauce and you've got yourself a tasty piece of fish. The broc was just stir fried with onions and a little chicken stock.






















Tonight, friday, Jenna and I went out for Sushi. Using yelp as our guide (like usual), we found Ichima over in Northeast Pasadena. In the past, I've actually passed by this place on my way to the mall or the Best Buy area.

At first we couldn't find the place and just drove mindlessly through the shopping center. Luckily, we spotted their bright florescent sign and small crowd of waiting patrons outside in a very small back region of the center. Inside wasn't very huge either but they had a circular bar area that kinda reminded me of Fuji's in Davis, kinda. Amazingly, our wait time wasn't too bad, which turned out to be a lifesaver because we had been sitting in the waiting area next to this REALLY REALLY loud, annoying and vulgar dude. He was such an idiot and kept shouting out all these sexist, obscene comments that were really starting to annoy us... What a douchebag.

















We ordered the Hawaiian Roll which was a cali roll covered with salmon and a buttload of seaweed salad. The roll was huge and I kinda ended up just eating the seaweed by itself before going on to tackle the actual roll. We also ordered the catapillar roll which is ALWAYS a super safe bet. Creamy avocado blanketing a warm roll of crab and succulent unagi! Mmmmmmmmmm! And also note that the toasted sesame seeds on top play a very integral part in the success of this roll!






















To top it all off, just because I'm a fatty and was super hungry, we ordered a bento box as well: Tonkatsu with spicy tuna roll. I think I overly enjoyed the pan fried pork strips simply because I haven't had tonkatsu in ages when in reality, it was actually way overcooked and almost too tough to chew. On the other hand, the Spicy tuna roll was delicious and had the perfect amount of spice to it.

Overall, our experience at Ichima was a good one and we'd definitely go back another time. Not only did they provide quick and excellent service, but their food was yumms and they entertained me thoroughly! The best part of the night was that there was 2 birthdays and for each birthday the restaurant blasted their own custom japanese/techno birthday mix while everyone in the restaurant clapped and danced! It was pretty frickin hilarious, mostly because it was just so random and the music was literally like the volume while at a club. The bestest bestest part came when this guy behind Jenna started FIST PUMPING and yelled out, "Pauly D in the hizzouse!" because he had tall spiky hair like the infamous Guido! Hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment