Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Dream Computer

Today, I received the best Birthday present from myself! My long awaited Macbook Pro 15 FINALLY came, via Fedex, into my eager little paws!

I went through a little trouble trying to get this 9 lb beast delivered to me since I knew I wouldn't be home during the day. First I tried calling Fedex so that I could just go to their shipping location and pick it up myself. Unfortunately, Apple restricts customers from going and picking up their own packages (until later I found out you can contact Apple and work something out on the DL..) So my next option was to pre-sign for the package and then have Fedex leave it at my apartment. Well, I wouldn't be home so maybe I could have my apt. managers hold it... Except that they weren't going to be home for all hours of the day and suggested I let one of the handy men pick up and hold my $1700 new baby.... ugh. I had no other choice.

Throughout the day I kept checking Apples shipping updates to see if Fedex had successfully delivered my computer... no luck. At around 5pm I texted my landlord to see if she had heard any news... Nope. Panicked, I departed from work at exactly 6pm and drove as fast as my dirt covered little scion would take me. I got home and discovered that Fedex had not even been by our place yet?! It was 6:35... What happened? Oh no! They forgot all about me and probably gave my computer away! NOOOOO.

But alas, 10 minutes after I set foot in my apartment, there's a knock at the door and there stood a skinny Fedex man with a large white box in hand! IT WAS HERE!




















I gotta say, after only spending a few hours with this thing, I can already tell i'm going to absolutely love it. It's sexy as hell and definitely the fastest thing I (or any member of my family) has owned! The ONE gripe I have so far is that as I'm typing this, the hard edge of the unibody is cutting into my wrists and I fear that I'll soon people will think I've been trying to commit suicide with all these line indents.

Anyways, I've wanted a mac laptop for a very very very long time and I think it is well worth the extra $700... Only time will tell as I begin to load my various editing programs, music, movies, etc.

Oh, and anyone else out there with a mac, PLEASE teach me how to use this thing. The last time I truly used was back at home home with my parents old white macbook. No finger guestures back then folks!

ILOVEIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment