Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Macbook Fail

Awwwww... after only 1 short week with my beloved 'New' Macbook Pro, I now find myself packing it BACK up and sending it BACK to Apple...

Must. fix. screen.

The first night after opening my refurbished Macbook I noticed that sometimes the screen would go black. I'd move the laptop around a little and the screen would come back on. (and no, it wasn't just going to sleep!). Then I started to see that depending on how I positioned the computer, I could get the computer to replicate the screen darkening and then reappearing act. It was frustrating but the problem stopped after a few minutes and then never returned for the remainder of the week (last week.)

Well, after spending a wonderful weekend with Jenna in Paso Robles this weekend, I came back to my apt and tried to start up my computer. This time, the screen wouldn't even come on. I force quitted the thing and again started it up. Time and time again the macbook would fail to boot, giving me either a screen with no icon (and only the top bar) or a screen that was way faded and zoomed in.... weird. I again figured that this was somehow linked to an internal connection problem and went ahead and tried shifting the computer into multiple positions to see if I could rectify the problem. After about 40 mins, I was finally able to get the thing to function properly and since then I've had no problems (again).

Taking preventative measures, scheduled an 'appointment' with the 'Geniuses' at the Apple store in Pasadena on Monday night where they ran diagnostics test. After a short 10 minutes, he determined that since the computer was so new to my possession, that I should simply contact Apple online care and request a replacement. Ergo my morning started with an HOUR long conversation with many Apple reps, workers and managers until I finally got confirmation to send my computer in for an exchange.

....I'm hoping that they'll swap my refurbished unit with a brand new one....

Ha. We shall see.

And PS. this does not shatter my faith in Apple products. I still believe they are great products and when working, will help me out with whatever 'work' needs to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment