Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day(s) Weekend

This past weekend was one of the few weekends (recently) I didn't get to spend with Jenna. She went home to the Bay Area while I stayed behind in LA. Saturday and Sunday went alright and I stayed pretty active even though I was going solo. I attempted to go hiking on Saturday up in the Arroyo Seco mountains but when I got there, all the roads were closed!! WTH, why didn't someone tell me?! Somehow I ended up at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena which was ridiculously awesome and awe-inspiring. The visit also made me super sad that I didn't go to an actual art school. These kids literally have the NEWEST and BEST equipment in every classroom and they get hooked up on the spot with ALL the best companies in the industry. I saw this career counselor list that had names like Nike, Disney, Pixar, Reebok, Cisco, etc all which were easily available for the kids to meet with and intern for.... GRRRRR. How am I supposed to get into Pixar ahead of all these people? It's like trying to get a front seat on a Southwest flight when you're not in the special 'first 30' section. My boarding pass will always start at 30 no matter how fast I check in... Dammit.










Enough with the whining and complaining. Here's a view from their main campus. Pretty wonderful.

After my campus visit, I somehow ended up at a Japanese museum AND a crappy Blockbuster near my apt. An interesting Saturday.

Sunday, I ...... (INTERUPTION: haha, I'm watching Glee right now (which I like now) and Rachel is sick and said, "I'm like Tinkerbell; I need applause to live." ...just thought that was pretty funny). Anywhooo, Sunday I woke up 'early' to go to Costco so as to avoid the crazy lines of asian women who drive shopping carts like cars. It didn't work... they were all there anyways and annoyingly in my way. I bought 6 things which costs me $40 and then high-tailed it outta there. Oh wait, one more thing.























I bought a slice of pizza(!) which is something I wouldn't have done had I been with Jenna. Not because she wouldn't let me, but because I would have more will power with her there. Without her, there was no chance in resisting the cheesy goodness.

After Costco, I FINALLLLLY got my chance to visit the Pasadena Flea Market over at the Pasadena City College (which is a beautiful campus for just a city college). That thing was HUUUUUGE. I mean, I was expecting just a couple tents in one parking lot but they had like 3 outside lots full PLUS 3 stories of the inside parking lot. It was endless amounts of used and janky shit which gave me a headache after only 30 minutes there. Alas, I didn't find any hidden treasures and left with only an iced coffee from the Starbucks across the street.
























































































Here's the other thing I did this weekend... concoct copious amount of frozen, fresh-fruit smoothies! It was like working at Jamba Juice all over again! haha.

As for Monday, my day was boooooorring. I stayed home all day working on art projects and watching hours upon hours of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations. I did get to work on Kristin and Josh's wedding invitation which was such a fun experience. Another thing I learned is that wedding are crazy hard to plan and organize. I had no idea how much work is involved and how annoying the little details could be. I'm gonna give lots more respect to those planning their weddings right now (which is kinda like, everyone!). Good job and hope you have the best time!

1 comment: