Sunday, April 18, 2010

Playoffs Baby!

NBA playoffs are here! WOOOO.

So Jenna was in LA this weekend and I had always wanted to take her to downtown near the Staples center to walk around and check out the shops. I thought, hey, Sunday (today), we're not doing anything... nothings going on... lets go down to the Staples center and walk around. So we wake up and I watch some NBA playoff games! The first of the day is ...Lakers vs Thunder in LA. It didn't even don on me that ..oh yeah, I live in LA and the place where we're trying to go is the STAPLES center. haha. So we drove all the way there just to find a massive amount of traffic and NO parking. ooooooops.

No biggie, we just decided to head over to Japantown instead for some ramen!























Here is Jenna is her bucket sized bowl of Miso Ramen from Orochan Ramen in Japantown. I'm pretty sure she thought it was delicious even though she only managed to eat 1/3 of it. I asked her if she could eat the whole thing and she said she could if the prize was great enough. I jokingly offered to move to SB if she'd finish the whole bowl and she guaranteed that she would finish the bowl for that prize... That would be an awesome sight.























While Jenna got a level 6 spiciness Ramen, I ordered a level 3 spiciness Shoyu based Ramen. It was HOT! I was sweating the whole time... Luckily there were plenty of napkins around to help me mop up my mess. There was a guy at another table who ingeniously decided to wear a headband while eating his spicy ramen. Maybe that is something I'll have to do next time.























Another funny thing that we saw in Japantown was our "supposed" family crest on the window of a sushi restaurant. Does that mean Ouye stands for Mako Sushi? And does that also mean that my brother and cousin have tattoos on their body that say 'Mako Sushi'?! haha. jk.























One last note to the weekend... Jenna and I decided to check out the LA only grocery store: Fresh and Easy. Or as we call it... Fresheeezy! When we went on our Ensenada cruise this past summer, a comedian was ripping on Fresh and Easy saying how it was for rich LA folk and blah blah blah. However, we found the store to be very fairly priced and I will definitely be going back to buy things like fresh meat and cereal. All their stuff looks very fresh and I even saw my cousins shopping there! Anyways, we saw thing canned thing on the shelves and had a good laugh. Don't even wanna know what it tastes like...

Ok back to the NBA. Go Cavs, go Thunder, go Nuggets, go Suns and for the others... i don't really care.

No comments:

Post a Comment